Sunday, March 28, 2010

Night shift...

I am so exhausted. Did not get my proper rest today before my night shift due to a variety of (nearly) unavoidable factors. I only have to survive a few more hours.

I tell myself just a few more hours. Just approximately four hours and thirty minutes and fifty seconds as of the moment these very words were typed... Not that I'm counting.

I generally like night shifts, but this one is utterly defeating me. I have been doing everything in my power to keep my brain awake when all it wants is to go to sleep. I keep myself manically busy, to keep my brain busy (it's only semi effective). I eat (one of the reason's that I'm not skinny). I try to find things to learn online (not that anything will stick when I am this tired).

I also update my Facebook status. (I would like to note I generally only do this frequently when I'm trying to force myself to stay awake.) Here, I'll share my statuses of tonight.

Around 11:00pm
Dawnelle is so happy that her daughter's birthday party is over... Ahhhhhh... Now to go to bed--er--work. *sigh* But the kid party is over for this year... That's the important part.

Around 1:30am
Dawnelle's brain is figuratively flat lining...

Around 3:30am (Which just so happened to be immediately before I started this latest post.)
Dawnelle doesn't know how she's going to get through the rest of her shift... But she suspects periodic Facebook status updates might be the key to doing so...

So that's my night thus far. (And I must explain that I am actually doing my work--I love my job!) While I am definitely capable of making a much, much longer babbling post, I feel that I should not bother. I would not want to bore the (nonexistent) people who read this blog. Well, at least my imaginary friend, Keiner, likes it...

Oh... Wait... Apparently he just said that to make me feel better about myself...

I give up. (LOL!) I am going back to find a different way to not go to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment